Re: attaching a 2x4 to concrete slab

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: attaching a 2x4 to concrete slab
From: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 01:25:30 -0500
The guys who built my garage drilled holes and drove in things that
looked like studs/threaded rod with a little expansion deal on one end.
When they tightened the nut on the topside of the 2x4, it expanded and
cinched the "molly" inside the hole.

It hasn't blown down yet, and it's been up 6 months, if that's any
indication.

(garage is 18x40 with a 17 foot high barn-style roof, so it takes a bit
of wind loading.)

YMMV, of course.

You might also want to price a big garage door.  My 16-footer only cost
about $400 installed, I think.

Scott Hall wrote:

> our new (to us) house has a soon-to-be garage.  this part of the house was
> a living room, then a carport.  now that we've got it, I want the carport
> to have garage doors.  the opening was already framed (sorta) by the
> previous owners, and only needs some spacing and the doors installed.

Chuck Schultz/                            Mailto:n2pua4@peoplepc.com
            /      New Home page: http://www.n2pua4.webprovider.com/
Eastaboga  /                       (Under construction forever!)
Alabama   /      AIM Screen Name: n2pua      ICQ ID Number: 11654121
36260    /      It's not the thing you fling, but the fling, itself!