RE: Storing Parts

To: "Susan and John Roper" <vscjohn@huntnet.net>, <Duncan120@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Storing Parts
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 22:46:26 -0600
I think no matter how you lay a crank down, the weight will not be evenly
distributed over the entire length.  Some portion will be "bridging" the surface
it is laying on.  In an engine the crank is supported at each main journal.
Anyway, when I visit my crankshaft shop he has them all standing on end.  Good
enough for me!

As far as a preservative it's my understanding that was the original intent of
WD40 was as a preservative, it just happens to get rid of squeaks too.

Larry Hoy