Re: Garage Doors

To: epetrevich@relavis.com
Subject: Re: Garage Doors
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 13:16:44 -0400
epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to but a garage door opener on "sideway
> sliding" doors?  (like the kind on old barns)
>
> I looking to do this and I can not seem to find a place that does it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric Petrevich - CLP
> Relavis Corporation | 212-817-4034
> mailto:epetrevich@relavis.com

One thing to consider is how much force will be required to move the
door.  Most garage sliding doors I have seen require more force to
move than a lift up door.  This could have been because the sliding
doors were old and the lift up door had springs.  Just something to
consider before you hack apart some equipment.

Bill Gilroy