Re: welders

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: welders
From: Nils <n.ny@intest.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:01:22 -0400
At 09:11 PM 9/10/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm looking for welder advice: Does anyone have any recommendations for
>purchasing a MIG welder?  110v or 220v, Lincoln/Miller/Century/other?
>
>Both positive and negative comments would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.

I bought a 220 Volt Century about 2 years ago ... Very pleased with it.
Everything I have attempted to weld (and I'm not that great a welder) from
thin body panels to hefty 1/4" thick stuff has worked beautifully.

Oh, and what really improved my welds 1000% was one of those electronic
helmets ... worth every penny!

Regards, Nils