RE: X10

To: Nils <n.ny@intest.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: X10
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:49:31 -0500

I'm not sure if the X10 company actually makes a signal bridge, but the X10
patents expired a few years ago and there are a number of companies making
X10 devices. Leviton makes a full line of X10 compatible devices (they call
it "DHC", not X10) including a signal bridge. I bought my Leviton signal
bridge at the local electrical supply house- it was actually in stock. I've
tried a number of X10 compatible dimmers (including Leviton's) throughout
the house and garage. So far I'm happiest with the SwitchLinc products from
http://www.smarthome.com, although I'm planning to try a dimmer from PCS
since SwitchLinc doesn't offer a 1000W unit and don't care for the Leviton
unit I'm using now.

Cheers,

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com