Anti-Freeze

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anti-Freeze
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 06:34:31 -0700
I have a question about anti-freeze.

I've always used Prestone in my cars, but now I have a '96 Ford Ranger that I
need to
change the anti-freeze.  Problem is that it uses the "five-year" stuff, and I
know it's
different that "regular" anti-freeze.  What is the new kind to use.  Or do I
just drain it
out and replace it with Prestone/generic anti-freeze?  Does it matter?

I remember reading an article about the differences in the new type of
anti-freeze, and
why you should use one type or another, but it didn't mention brand names, or
give
clues about how to tell them apart or which types to use and when...

I so confused...

Anyone know the whole story?

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, Va
72 Lotus Elan Sprint
85 El Camino
93 Honda Accord
94 Miata R Package
96 Ranger 4x4
   All of which need new anti-freeze this year...