Re: Water Alarm

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water Alarm
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:49:29 EST
> I know I've seen those little water alarms in some catalog.

radioshack.com has a water alarm kit.

I've seen them at the "radioshack.com" store (not your regular
neighborhood radio shack) and just found them on their
web site.

It's catalog num 990-0304 ($9.99).
On www.radioshack.com
select "elcctronic kits/games/toys", then "kits", then "level2"
and scroll to page 6 of 6.

They also have a packaged unit with a wireless remote receiver.
catalog num 980-0796 ($29.99)  (wonder if it's the kit in a pretty
package????)
"security", then "home/personal", then "wireless", then "personal"

Not a bad idea around water heaters.  My basement unit bit
the big one about a year ago.  Fortunately I caught it just
after the flood started, and had no serious damage.  But
some of my neighbors have not been so lucky.  Ideally you'd
tie it into an alarm service unit so you'd be called if not
in the house, but even a local noise unit would improve your
odds.

Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com