RE: florescent trouble lights

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: RE: florescent trouble lights
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 19:53:20 -0500 (EST)
I got a fluro light from a megalow-mart for ~$20 and I'd have to say it's
the best $20 I've ever spent there (that reflects more on the other crap
they sell and less on the light, but still...)  my old bulb light was like
somebody else said, only good for about a use or two before the bulb blew.
even if I didn't drop it.  and it put out a *huge* amount of heat.  it had
a metal cage and back that would get me at least once per use, and
invaribly when I had to change a bulb closing the cage cost me *another*
bulb because it had to be forced on with a press (almost).

so compared to that lump of sh!t, the new light is a *joy*.  no wall wart,
either.  look at your local store.  no doubt they have the same stuff.  I
think it was a popular mechanics brand (I actually picked it up when I
went there to get more bulbs for the old light, and pissed off bought the
new one instead.)

scott