Re: Home Powder Coating

To: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Home Powder Coating
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 18:23:13 -0800
>I have a question for you at home powder coaters.  I am considering getting
>one of these systems for myself and have a question. I don't want to use
>the family oven and really don't have room in the garage to locate an oven.
>How bad are the fumes given off in this process?  I was considering putting

    I have not found the fumes to be bad at all, most of the time of the
time I don't even smell anything.  The clear coat stinks but the solid
colors I usually can't smell.  I use a small toaster oven for the small
parts and the Eastwood infrared lamp for the larger stuff.  I would not
recommend the infrared lamp, it eventually does the job but its no fun
using it.  If you can afford the space a full size oven would be a dream to
have around.  To be honest, I have several times considered using the house
oven because I don't smell any fumes but being that we have a gas oven I
have not.

    Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing ~~~~~~~and \/    \/  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                              .oooO  Oooo.
Bug Writer er...Programmer            (   )   (   )
                                                        \_)  (_/
              mikey@b2systems.com
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car, then
take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/