Re: Salt in the grass.

To: Steve Budde <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Salt in the grass.
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:18:17 -0500
Anywhere there is a decent amount of rainfall, the normal amount of salt used
for melting ice is diluted and causes no harm. I have been putting salt in the
winter and calcium chloride in the summer down on my dirt road for years, and
the grass still grows up in the middle where the vehicles don't roll and right
along the edges.

Find something else to worry about. :-)

Mike

Steve Budde wrote:

> Living in Chicago snow can't be avoided.  As I watch the salt spreader send
> pounds of this wonderfully toxic stuff into my grass I wonder if there is
> anything that I can add to the soil in the spring to de-toxify the ground so
> I can get grass to grow?  Somebody on this list seems to have an answer for
> everything.
>
> Steve Budde
> mailto:super_racenut@hotmail.com
> NSSCC #48 AutoX EM
> IGBA #100
> 9C1# 1984-1

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://home.att.net/~msloane>

A man may be very industrious, and yet not spend his time well. There is no
more fatal blunderer than he who consumes the greater part of life getting
his living. -Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862)