Re: Foggy car, resolution.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>
Subject: Re: Foggy car, resolution.
From: "Rex Burkheimer" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:06:48 -0600
I am curious about members of the list who buy parts online.

Who do you use most often?
Do you use them all the time or do you shop around?
Have you used CarParts.com?
Any others, such as iCarz?

Does anyone have any experience with the professional-side services, such as
Autovia or PartsXchange?

What determines whether you buy an item online or locally?

It has been our observation that this business has tapered off from it's
initial level.
Is this because buyers have ordered, and then been less than thrilled with
the whole process?

We are a fulfillment partner for several of these, and eventually probably
all of them.
This is just an aside from our core business.
We are trying to evaluate the future of e-commerce as we plan our next few
years.

Any experiences and opinions would be most welcome.

Rex Burkheimer
Parts Plus Marketing Director
WM Automotive Whse., Fort Worth TX