RE: Welding/brazing question

To: ImprovedTouring@egroups.com
Subject: RE: Welding/brazing question
From: "Richard Boyce" <rboyce90@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 19:57:32 -0700
Post heating a weld of 4130 chrome moly is not annealling but stress
relieving. In chassis fabrication it is absolutely not necessary. This comes
froms over 20 yrs. of experience and am cerified in TIG to nuclear specs on
chrome and also on other metals such as stainless, inconel, monel, hastaloy,
carpenter 20 etc. My personal opinion is unless you are a certified welder
with tons of experience then you should be building your cage out of DOM or
seamless and leave chrome moly alone.Just my 2 cents