Re: Getting a car into the garage.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting a car into the garage.
From: David Cole <racrcole@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:39:24 -0600
Friend of mine has a cheap hand operated winch (Harbor Freight type).  It's
meant for a boat trailer.  Cost less than $30.  He has it mounted to the
front of his open race car trailer with quick release pins.  Also has an
angle iron mount for it on the back wall of the garage.  As long as the
wheels roll this winch will pull the car.

Scenario:  Break car at the track.  Use winch to get car on trailer.  Get
home.  1 minute to swap winch to garage.  Winch car off trailer uphill into
garage.  Helper is in car to apply brakes to keep from rolling thought rear
wall of garage.

I intend to do my trailer the same way once I save up enough  roundtuits.

Later,

David Cole

///
///