RE: Bead blasting cabinet

To: "Drew Rogge" <drew@pixar.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Bead blasting cabinet
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:25:55 -0700
I have this cabinet, it works fine.  The new one (as pictured) has a better
seal around the glass than mine does.  Mine leaks a bit
of media around the door, unless the door is improved, yours will too.  I think
a light was optional, I recommend a light.  You will
need a dryer on your air compressor.  One 5 hp compressor is barely adequate.
I have two 5 hp compressors, when I blast I use both.
Harbor Freight prices vary greatly.   When I bought mine about 1.5 years ago, I
could have paid any one of three prices, I paid
$69.00.

The following URL is what looks to be the same cabinet with the old style
window.  If you don't mind a little media leakage, or what
to spend the time to seal it better you might consider it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Category.taf?CategoryID=505&pricetype=S

Larry Hoy

>Harbor Freight is having a sale on one of their bead blasting cabinets
>and I was wondering if anyone has any input on input on it. The cabinet
>can be seen at:
>
>       http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41826
>
>and the sale price is $69.99. Seems like a good deal to me if it's
>any good.
>
>Any thoughts?

///
///