Re: Problem with engine hoist

To: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>, Shop
Subject: Re: Problem with engine hoist
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:22:09 -0600
This happened to a Sears floor jack I used to own. I could pump it up but
when it reached a certain point it would sink to the ground as if I had
opened the valve completely. It was fortunate I was using jack stands when
I the problem first presented itself since I was underneath a 3500 pound
sedan at the time. They mean it when they say "don't ever get underneath a
vehicle supported solely by a jack".

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com

///