Re: sticking rubber to steel

To: john nolon <jniolon@WANS.NET>
Subject: Re: sticking rubber to steel
From: David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:55:15 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, john nolon wrote:

:
:hey guys
:
:never got a reply to previous post... anyone got any ideas ????
:
:I want to build some low profile axle snubbers for my utility trailer...  I
:plan to use a u shaped bracket that will fit over the square axle with a piece
:of 1/2" rubber belting for the cushion...  I need a product that will glue the
:rubber belting to the metal plate...   do they make a vulcanizing product
:anymore ???  any suggestions for a glue, bonding agent, whatever ?????

I've used plain old super-glue to stick rubber to steel in the past.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.

///