RE: Washing Oily Rags

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Washing Oily Rags
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:16:06 -0700
Steve Budde wrote :

> If they are that bad spend a buck and bring a large load of them to the
> local coin laundry and leave them the mess.

My wife suggested the same thing.  My problem with that is the harm it does
to the next poor schmuck who uses that washer to wash his/her clothes.  I
was once a 'starving student', and if I'd ruined a whole washer load of
clothes, I would've had to wear them ...

Personally, I wash my rags at home, then clean the washer myself.  Full
strength Simple Green will easily take the oily scum off the basket and
agitator, in just a few seconds.  Then I wash a load of jeans, just to keep
the wife happy.

Randall

///