Re: rags

To: dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Subject: Re: rags
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:57:54 -0400 (EDT)
For true lint-free, you need to use KimWipes or such.  Regular
(quality) paper toweling is more lint-free (and scratch-free) than
cotton rag.  (I usually use Bounty, FWIW, and have found it quite
clean and scratch-free.)

Even well-washed rags will leave a lot of lint behind.  Take a look at
the screen in you dryer after laundering them sometime.

Donald.

> Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 23:15:57 -0500 (CDT)
> From: David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
>

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 ken.landaiche@nokia.com wrote:
>
> :
> :Those red rags are very linty in my experience. When I need a lint-free rag,
> :I reach for an old towel or t-shirt. What exactly is a "proper" rag anyway?
> :
>
> I've had good luck with the pre-washed sort.  they're not a whole bunch more
> expensive.
>
> --
> dscheidt@tumbolia.com
> Bipedalism is only a fad.