Re: Interesting article on Snap-On

To: JustBrits <justbrits@home.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting article on Snap-On
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:34:42 -0700
The business is expensive, but you can get in for $25,000 cash and use
company financing for the rest.

B and D apply, plus:
No routes are available in Seattle, and I really didn't like the idea of
carrying $100,000 worth of receivable interest free.  The other problem
is the rising cost of fuel, which is the biggest threat to this
business. Owners I talked to burned an average of 60 gallons a week, so
right off the top comes $480 every month, plus your maintenance and
secure parking lot fees.  If (when?) gas gets to $3, there goes another
$240. And, when your truck is down you don't make any money.

I'm still looking for something to do that will take me through the last
phase of my life since I'm 54, have no retirement plan, and will need to
earn money for the rest of whatever life I have left.

Maybe I'll just restore MGBs for fun and profit.  Now there is a quick
way to the poorhouse!

JustBrits wrote:

> <<"I like the stuff I sell. ...">>
>
> So therefor it would be "reasonable to surmise" that
>
> <<I once considered buying a Snap-On franchise >>
>
> A]  Ya couldn't afford it;
> B]  Ya did not have the required work ethic;
> C]  Ya couldn't sell show polish to a shoeshine persom (PC, folks)
> D]  Ya just be too DAMED "LAZY", Stu???
>
> Ed

///