RE: X10 question

To: daniels@tamu.edu
Subject: RE: X10 question
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@suespammers.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:38:45 -0400
At 08:15 AM 6/29/2001 -0500, Lee Daniels wrote:
>>with 4 bulbs installed, the wall switch works as a wall switch, but doesn't
>>seem to support remote operation in any kind of reliable way -- the lights

>The X10 switches are supposed to be good for up to 500W; perhaps you got a
>bum switch? (I've had a couple of bad ones.)

i tried two different X10 brand switches, and an IBM brand switch. all the
switches involved worked perfectly well in other applications around the
house. it's specifically in this parallel low-medium wattage bulb situation
that i'm having trouble.

>What are you using to send the signals to the switch?

i've used both an X10 transceiver module and an IBM remote module
(which are roughly comparable devices.) additionally, suspecting
the bridging in my 220V panel, i just had a bridge-amplifier installed,
but while it fixed other problems, it didn't address these particular lamps
(yes, i would just have used a capacitor, but the house is over 3400
square feet, with some longish wiring runs, so the amplifier
and repeater functions seemed like good ideas.)

>  I had some poor
>response for a several days that I had trouble tracking down; it turned out
>to be a glitch at the wireless transceiver (TM751).  I unplugged it for a
>few seconds after which it was back to normal.

ok, i just tried this, and it seems to be working for the moment, but we'll
see about the long term -- i now recall that i originally did this some
months back, with temporary positive results, and when the switch
subsequently stopped working properly i presumed that i needed to get
the bridge in to straighten things out. the bridge is in place now, and
most all of the annoying little control problems are fixed, except this one.
we'll see how it works out.

richard

--
Richard Welty                 rwelty@suespammers.org
Any type of UBE (Unsolicited Bulk EMail) to this account is unwanted.

///