anybody out there with a early 90s corolla?

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: anybody out there with a early 90s corolla?
From: Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 19:27:03 -0700
Hi,

I got roped into changing the timing belt on the wife's '91 Toyota corolla.

The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to figure out how to torque the crank
bolt - its an automatic, and, unfortunately, all I have is the haynes book - do
need to yank the starter to get ahold of the flywheel, or....?

As an aside, Lord Vader (the IR2131 impact wrench) knocked the  crank bolt
loose without
even moving the crank, so I put off trying to figure this out until later...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

rkg
(Richard George)