Re: Sanding Disk for Table Saw

To: "James Babcock" <jbabcoc@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Sanding Disk for Table Saw
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:33:00 -0500
>I'm wondering if a sanding disk is available that can be mounted
>in place of the 10" blade on a table saw.  It seems quite sensible
>to me, but I can't seem to find such a thing in a tool catalog.
>I recently received the Enco catalog thanks to some knowledgable
>list member, but they don't have it either.
>
>Perhaps one could grind the teeth off of a plywood blade and
>use pressure sensitive sandpaper on one side.  Or maybe a disk
>could be cut out of flat steel stock without too much trouble.
>Anyway, I'm too cheap to buy a table sander, and I really don't
>have room for one anyway.  Any thoughts about this?

Since saw bearings and housings are not designed for side loads and
scattering of abrasives, I don't think I would do this.

A used table sander is a lot cheaper than messing up a precision tool like a
table saw.

"Kids haven't lost the feeling that the sense of wonder is more important
than wondering what makes sense.  And if that doesn't define what it takes
to like British cars, I don't know what does." -Scott Fisher

///