re circle

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: re circle
From: Dwbradbury@ra.rockwell.com
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:31:52 -0500
>I have a circle and I want to find the center so I can use a hole
>saw to cut a hole.  What is the simplest way to find the center of the
>circle?

Take a compass and estimate the radius. Place the point (stationary ) end
on the circle & draw an arc near the center. Repeat for (3) points total.
If you over-estimate your arcs will create a "curved" triangular shape
object. If you under-estimate none of the arcs will intersect. If you are
"perfect" the arcs will touch at only the center.

Dave

///