Re: Septic Tank Problems

To: "Tom and Sharon Shirley" <tshirley@vol.com>
Subject: Re: Septic Tank Problems
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:48:14 -0400
Tom, I think that there may be another path you might want to try.  Here is
what happened to my neighbor at my old house.

His septic backed up (he wasn't one for preventative matainence) so he had
it pumped.

Within a week, it backed up again.  So he called the company to come back.
They repumped and left.  a week later, it backed up again.

Then he called a different company.  They came out, pumped and inspected
the system.  They found that one of his laterals was crushed.

So you may have a different problem on your hands.  (hope not, but you may
want to have another person check)

FWIW, my neighbor decided to NOT fix the septic.  He stopped paying his
mortgage and filed for bankruptcy.  I told him that I thought that was a
pretty extreme way to get out of fixing the system! 8>)  (he was not a
responsible person to begin with)

Inch

                    "Tom and Sharon

                    Shirley"                    To:     "Shop Talk List"
<shop-talk@autox.team.net>
                    <tshirley@vol.com>          cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Septic Tank
Problems
                    shop-talk-owner@auto

                    x.team.net

                    08/07/01 08:37 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Tom and Sharon

                    Shirley"

We had our septic tank pumped last October. Within a month, we had waste
coming out the access hole on top. I read on the internet that the scum
layer had probably floated up and clogged the field line opening. We tried
pouring the bacteria treatment to it and that seemed to help. There were no
problems until a few weeks ago. We've tried several shots of bacteria
treatment and it's still backing up.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Will continuing to treat it with Rid-X type products eventually take care
of
it?

Are there any better products?

I sure hope this can be fixed without digging up the yard.

Tom and Sharon Shirley
http://www.geocities.com/baddogracing/

///