Floor jacks a review from a tire shop

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Floor jacks a review from a tire shop
From: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:39:05 -0400
I was getting a couple of tires at a local inner city tire place and I
noticed the guy has about 8 one piece handle Lincoln floor jacks, 1
Norco, 1 Snap-on, and 1 Matco.  I asked the guy how the liked the
Norco.  The thought it was alright but he really liked the old
Lincolns.  Had one new two piece handle unit and thought it was a hunk of junk.
The Snap-on was rated at 2.5 tons and he said it could lift that much.  He
thought it was a good jack but it was expensive, greater than $400.
The Matco leaked oil on the first week (it was fixed under warranty)
and was rated at 3.5 tons which he said was a joke.  He also had one
Danish jack called a Compac.  He thought it was pretty good and would
be just the ticket for the home garage.  He is still looking for a
good replacement for his older Lincolns.  FWIW.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net

PS.  Thanks for all the tips about finding the center of a circle.  I
should have just given it some thought.

///