Re: Oil Pumps

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pumps
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:20:28 -0400
If the truck is that bad, I would not waste a lot of effort on welding -
I would just use pop rivets and/or some caulking to keep it in place.

Mike

David Scheidt wrote:

> A friend of mine wants to repair the bed of a rusted pickup, by cutting off
> the rusted bits and welding new bits on.  That's no problem, except he'd
> like to use 440 stainless, as he's got a bunch of suitable sheet.  The
> question is whether it's possible to weld this to mild steel, and if so,
> how?  He's got a MIG, and I'm sure we could come up with a stick, not sure
> about gas.
>
> --

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://home.att.net/~msloane>
<http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=204428>

"He who will not reason, is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool;
and he who dares not is a slave."

        - William Drummond

///