RE: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the shop)

To: "'Randall'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the shop)
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:30:29 -0700
Seems unlikely to me, especially if the compressor has a holding tank.  I
don't know the melting point of the 'lead-free' solder offhand, but any
lead-based solder is good to over 300F.  If it's a concern, use any of the
high melting point solders (frequently called silver solder, although most
of them don't have any silver these days).

But, I'll admit I've never tried it.

Randall

> My hazy memory says that the hot air coming out of a compressor might
> melt the solder on the first connection or two, that one should wait
> about 20 feet before using copper. Am I all wet?

///