Re: Garage floor water catch

To: CEichhorn <ceichhorn@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Garage floor water catch
From: Derek Harling <derek.lola@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:14:37 -0400
CEichhorn wrote:

>Any recommendations for keeping my pretty, epoxied garage floor dry?

Slow down, slow down - the reason you epoxied the floor is so that
things cab drip on it and be easily wiped up.  There's nothing better
than good epoxy to let things drip on.

Like you I started using drip pans etc (my garage is for working on my
race car, not garaging my street car) but quickly realised that there
was no need and it's much easier to just let things drip and then wipe
up.  I use pans for draining oil, water etc but not for just drips.

Also be careful about what material you leave on there "permanently" -
some can leave permanent stains. I started using a rubber mat in front
of the lathe to avoid aluminum turnings leaving dark gray marks - bad
idea - that area now has a nice yellow color to it (the rest is white).

Let it drip - - - - -
Derek

///