Re: water-chiller source?

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: water-chiller source?
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:27:45 -0500
Surplus Center (1-800-488-3407, Lincoln NE, no website) sells a mini
refrigeration unit for about $50 that "was originally built as a desktop
soda fountain". They go on to say "carbonation chamber has been disabled by
the manufacturer to preclude use in original application". Their P/N
1-1302.  No BTU rating but the compressor motor 1/12 HP, 115V, 3.5A.

Of course for $50 you could probably just go to Sam's Club or Costco and
buy a small dorm-room size refrigerator.

Many truck stops sell plastic ice chests with built in thermoelectric
coolers that run off a truck's 12V electrical system. I believe these
devices use solid state Peltier junctions as little heat pumps. If you drop
some cold beer into one they will keep it that way but drop in warm beer
you'll be waiting a long time for it to chill.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com

///