Air lines in the shop

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Air lines in the shop
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 01:00:45 -0700
   A week and a half ago I stated I was installing my new air compressor
and was going to try that "radiator" that someone suggested on this list
and let the list know...sorry but other things seemed more important during
the week.  I ended up not having enough space for the coil that I had and
it looked like a lot of work anyway, so I didn't do it.  I glass beaded
TONS of parts, my new compressor has a tank auto drain which seems to get a
lot of water out and I had none of my problems with my old setup, so sorry,
I can't report on how well the radiator would have worked.

   But...I need to finish the plumbing.  It is currently set up with 3/4
iron pipe, I need to make some corners and run the pipe to some areas of
the shop that just is not easy with iron pipe, I know I can't use PVC pipe,
is copper pipe ok for air ?  The first connection of copper will be about
15ft from the compressor  so heat melting the solder is not an issue I
assume and no one said anything about NOT using copper pipe last week, so I
assume its safe and I can do it, right?

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/