Re: Basement floor

To: Brian Kennedy <kennedybc@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Basement floor
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 21:29:32 -0700
You can rent or buy  pneumatic chipper.  They have them at harbor freight, and
probably someplace else that sells decent tools.  For a single floor I'd
recommend renting a better one.  But this is good to look at:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=37073

Happy scraping,
Mark Miller

Brian Kennedy wrote:

> I have an old (1911) basement floor with the old 9" tiles. I want to remove
> the tiles and paint the floor. Current advice is to rent a machine to remove
> the old tiles but that still leaves the glue. One suggestion is to just
> paint over the glue with a latex epoxy paint. The paint store guy says the
> oil based epoxy paints will react with the glue and cause problems.

///