Coating brass after buffing

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Coating brass after buffing
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:04:17 -0500
I've just used to buffing wheel to brighten up a brass fixture and now
want to coat it:

1. What's the best coating for a bathroom environment?
2. Will a spray-on polyurethane work?
3. What about clear powder-coating (I can do that now!)

I've also got two more brass faucets that need to be stripped, buffed
and coated:

1. What's the coating that usually comes on these things, and what's
the best way to remove it?
I plan to use the paint stripping chemicals like Kleen-Strip.

thanks - Lee

   Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
   daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University

///