Exhaust systems

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust systems
From: "Neil Sherry" <sherry@invention-machine.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:51:24 +0100
Hi there!

I am fabricating a new exhaust system for my turbocharged Sprite. I would like
a joint that will be (more or less) gas tight, but will come apart when I want
it to. Due to lack of ground clearance I don't want to use a conventional
flanged joint, and am intending to use a slip together joint with clamp screw
(I will split the outer pipe and weld a pair of 'ears' either side of the
split - through which will be a bolt to close the split up).

So now the question. What can I use in the joint (ie between the two well
fitting mild steel pipes) to stop the whole lot corroding together?

Neil

///