Re: building a shop

To: Duncan120@aol.com
Subject: Re: building a shop
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:29:08 -0400
I am currently looking for pallet racks for my new shop.

I just welded up a "fork lift" rack for my backhoe's loader.  Seeing as how
pallets are free (and I already have a ton of them.)  I feel that it would
be a  great way to store big heavy objects.  (i.e. sidecar for my Harley,
motors, big pressure washers, etc)  i can put each item on its own pallet
and lift it to the rack with the backhoe.  Then forget about them until I
need them.

FWIW, I never thought about powder coating them! (hummmmm) 8>)

Inch

                    Duncan120@aol.com

                    Sent by:                    To:     fmauto@mindspring.com,

                    shop-talk-owner@auto        shop-talk@autox.team.net

                    x.team.net                  cc:

                                                Subject:     Re: building a
shop

                    10/17/01 11:57 PM

                    Please respond to

                    Duncan120

What everybody else said and......

Try to have an attached, insulated, and soundproofed, shed to house the air
compressor. This way you can vent the tank drain, intake, and exhaust to
the
great outdoors and keep the inside noise to a minimum.
Also in that shed put up a few wall mounted shelves to hold the supplies
for
the compressor such as filters, oil, pipe wrench, etc.
A "dirty room" is nice for such things as a blasting cabinet. You can seal
it
off so the dust and grit doesn't get into interesting places like that
freshly rebuilt short block...
I have found pallet racks to be better than shelving units. You can find
them
used very inexpensively. If you have too much money you can have the
supports
powder coated and be the envy of all your friends and the local mental
hospital.
All it takes is money...

Ron, who doesn't have what it takes

///