dehumidifiers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: dehumidifiers
From: "Chris Granju" <cgranju@esper.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:37:11 -0700
I have a couple cars in storage in the basement of a house that is otherwise
rented.  For the benefit of the the house, the renters & my cars I need to
install a dehumidifier.  Yes, this comes after addressing all the feasible
landscape/drainage issues possible around the house outside.  I would guess
some folks here use a dehumidifier as part of their shop setup, so thought
I'd ask here.  Any source/brand recommendations?  I am assuming I will want
to plumb this into the drip line from the HVAC unit as there is no floor
drain & I will not be able to empty a drip pan regularly.  Any other
considerations I should be aware of?

thanks in advance,
chris granju

///