Re: Can there be too many outlets? (was: Re: Another electrical

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can there be too many outlets? (was: Re: Another electrical
From: Noemi Berry Doudna <noemi@nebcom.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 14:48:53 -0800
> > Your mistake was letting the electrician do it :-)
>
>Yea, but for people like me, electric wiring is voodoo
>and the code is also voodoo.

And like me too.  My husband is an EE, so certainly gets
the concepts, and he designed the circuitry layout and tested
everything, so we were certainly involved.  But, electricians
also have lots of time, big honkin' drill bits and tools that
we didn't.  Upgrading our power service, digging trenches,
installing and wiring 34 outlets (including nine in a 14-foot
ceiling) and switches in the garage and house, dealing with
inspections, etc. was way out of our league.

Everytime we did some (unskilled!) labor ourselves on the
garage construction project, we'd end up exhausted, with no
weekend, and wishing we'd just paid the pros the lousy few
hundred dollars -- 'cause by then it'd turned to lousy money.
Then again, those were the good ol' dot-com days.  We're a
lot cheaper now.

But hey, if you have the time, tools, and know-how, go for it!

noemi
--
Noemi Doudna
Sunnyvale, CA