Re: 93 Ford Crown Victoria

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <gcolumbo@Prodigy.Net>
Subject: Re: 93 Ford Crown Victoria
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:17:52 -0500
"George Columbo" <gcolumbo@Prodigy.Net> wrote:

> Lost remote entry transmitter (key fob).Bought used one from 94 Crown Vic.
> How do I program it to work on my car ?

Don't know if it will work on yours, but the process for remote door
lock/antitheft system on my '96 Ranger involved a lot of turning on
and off of the ignition key.

The guy at the service department couldn't remember exactly how,
bug he gave me the general idea, and I experimented.

If I remember it right, I had to turn the key off and on something like
5 times.  Then either the dash light blinked of the horn "tooted"
(blinked/tooted).  At that point, I had to push the key fob lock
button (It may have then blinked/tooted).  You have to repeat
for each key fob as the system is erasing/relearning the codes.
Then after some short time (maybe 20 seconds) the system
blinked/tooted and it was done.

Hopefully, someone will have the exact procedure for your car,
but if nothing else, you could give it a try.  The worst that will
happen is that you will erase and currently stored codes...

Tim Mullen

///