Stud Welders

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Stud Welders
From: "Bob Chansler" <rchansle@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:10:38 -0700
My latest catalog from Eastwood is advertising stud welders at a discount.
I guess these things work by welding 2 mm pins to the metal that you can
pull on with a puller. Does anyone have any feedback on these things? Are
they available cheaper somewhere? I have some places on my 49 chevy
suburban that look like  good candidates for use. For one, I have a rear
clamshell door that has a large dent on the top that will be hard to get
out any other way. Do these things work?
TIA,

Bob Chansler

///