Re: Plumbing question #2

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plumbing question #2
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:08:10 -0500
L is thicker pipe, M will work just fine.

If you still can't get the ball valves to go, go back to Home Depot and get
the screw on ball valves and a couple copper pipe-screw on adapters.  Flux
the adapters on and then screw the ball vale onto the pipe.You need to
solder the second adapter onto the pipe and leave the other end of the pipe
free so you can screw it onto the other side of the valve.  Even with this
little nuisance, I greatly prefer the screw-ons because they're much
quicker and you don't run the risk of ruining it with too much heat.  You
will need to get a can of pipe dope for the threads - $8 or so for a can
about the size of a soda.  Get the Hercules all-in-one stuff that does
water, gas, oil, etc...

At 09:37 12/05/2001,  LBC286@aol.com was inspired to say:

>When we were buying the copper pipe and fittings for the kitchen sink
>project, I saw two kinds of copper pipe.  A 10' piece of M copper 1/2" pipe
>was $3.99, and the same size in L copper was $5.99.
>
>What's the difference?  And in a related question, was the M copper pipe I
>bought the wrong stuff?  :-(
>
>TIA again,

Cheers!

///