RE: converting my barn into a workshop

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: converting my barn into a workshop
From: Conrad <conrad@conrad.uk.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:14:46 -0000
wow, thanks to the loads of people that replied with useful info and/or
welcome. I must have used a funny address as only one went to the list.

> Here in the US we have concrete pumping services who can move concrete
> quite surprising distances through pipes to pour slabs and such.  I

well that would certainly make it easier, although I've not seen anything
like that in the yellow pages.

> at once.  How are you going to move 30 tons of cement and agregate out
> to your barn site, anyhow?

its hard work, but I've shifted about twice that in hardcore already with my
old but trusty 2 tonne dumper (hand start, manual tip :-( ). when it gets
stuck I pull it out with the land rover. I've had hardcore lorries stuck in
down to the diffs 3 times now so I shift it myself.

> A book called Machinery's Handbook will supply you with diagrams,

great thanks. I'll check amazon for that.

btw, my jcb and dumper are both nearly 40 years old. anyone know of a
list/site where people discuss maintaining old stuff like that?

thanks all,

Conrad

///