Re: converting my barn into, now: pit

To: jdrush@enter.net
Subject: Re: converting my barn into, now: pit
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:10:39 EST
In a message dated 12/14/01 12:07:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jdrush@enter.net writes:

> Pits are outlawed in many parts of the US without a means of evacuating
> gasoline vapo[u]r. The danger is that fumes are heavier than air and
> will collect in the lowest places, leading to explosion. I believe that
> three sided pits are legal since the fumes can escape out the open wall
> and disperse.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for that info, Jon.  I didn't know the reason pits were illegal.
Makes sense.  There is a pit at the Boy Scout camp where my son works and he
uses it for his truck repairs.  I'll tell him to make sure a fan is blowing
into the pit while he is working.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget