Re: Compressor unloading

To: "Landaiche Kenneth (NET-BBS/Petaluma)" <ken.landaiche@nokia.com>
Subject: Re: Compressor unloading
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:01:47 -0500
I don't think they are as heavy as they look, Ken. I managed to get mine
(a very sturdy old gas station compressor with a cast iron 2 cylinder
pump and 80[?] gallon tank) off the truck by sliding it down on a piece
of old carpet, then into my barn using a lightweight hand truck. The
difficult part is that they are top heavy and tip easily. I think that
you would have no trouble if you can find a furniture dolly and a hunk
of plywood. But, in my case, it would have helped to have had a helper
just to keep things from tipping.

Mike

"Landaiche Kenneth (NET-BBS/Petaluma)" wrote:

> Here's a twist on the compressor thread. Lets say I find the perfect
> upright, oiled compressor. The ones I see at Home Depot are on pallets.
> So they manage to load it onto my pickup, probably with a fork-lift.
> When I get it home, how do I unload it into the garage? I don't have a
> fork-lift. The garage door is too low to back the truck in and winch it
> off. Any ideas besides renting a cherry picker?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken Landaiche

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://home.att.net/~msloane>

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve
the quality of life, please press 3." --Alice Kahn