Re: update - cheap mill-drill

To: Rex Burkheimer - WM <rex@txol.net>
Subject: Re: update - cheap mill-drill
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:46:51 -0800
Nope, by real screamer I mean loud. The gears make a loud whinning noise
at the higher RPMs. The machine should do what you want though. We have
a Rong Fu RF-45 here at work and it's a pretty good machine for the
price (about double of what you're looking at.) One of the neat things
about the RF-45 is that it has a square column that the head rides up
and down on. This means that you don't lose your setup position if you
have to raise or lower the head. On the machines like you're looking at
the head usually swivels around the round column when it's unclampd to
move it. There's a Yahoo group you can subscribe to at:

Which is all about Mill Drills. I'll bet that someone there has a
machine
like you're looking at and can answer a bunch of questions. It would
be a good place to ask about the bolt pattern of the table.

Good luck on your new toy. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.

BTW, what do you race? Spec RX-7?

Drew

--
Drew Rogge