RE: No sweat

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: No sweat
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:36:11 -0700
Mark, I have the Sears unit as well (Kenmore Central Humidifier 3000),
it's been installed for 20 years.  Our house living area is 3000 square
feet, it really is too small (the humidifier).  I decided not to use the
humidistat and just run the humidifier 24 hours a day from about
November to March. The unit can be wired to only work when the furnace
fan is operating and the humidistat indicates there is a demand for
humidity.  I set mine up to run whether the furnace fan is off or on.

It does require clean up once a year.  I generally clean it at the end
of the season.  This requires dumping your choice of mineral dissolver
in the pan (the "guts" are easily removed and can be set in the kitchen
sink for this operation).  I replace the mesh media at that time too.

I do real estate appraisals to support my car habit.  I should tell you
the humidifier is the single appliance that is most likely not to work
in a house.  Mostly because of the maintenance required.  It makes no
difference which type or brand you buy, they all require maintenance.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy
PS Notice I snipped some of the previous message?  <G>