Re: No sweat

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No sweat
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:18:01 -0500
Sorry I'm a little late replying here, Mark. I hope I can still help.

If you have a big area to humidify, you definitely want the type where
all the air blows through the mesh like an AprilAir style. We have the
drum mesh bypass type that hangs off the side of the ductwork and it
just isn't up to the job of humidifying our 2500 sq. ft house. We have
some fine furniture so we try to keep the house at 50% year-round. In
the typical SE PA winter, it can't push the humidity above 45% even when
it runs all the time. Plus the cantilever mounting is ruining our
ductwork. Or ducting is that folded insulation type, which I can't
stand. I'd love to redo all the ductwork in our house because it is
falling apart everywhere. It is only 10 years old. I patch it at least
twice a year.

I'd be leery of any spray or mist type humidifier, because nasty bugs
can ride the aerosolized water to other parts of the house. Go for a
pure evaporative system.

Jon Rush