Air line

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Air line
From: Don Tiana <dstiana@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 17:14:47 -0800
Mike,

When my partner and I moved into our new building for our machine
shop, we went with copper pipe. We did all the plumbing ourselves
(both of us having plenty of past experience), and I think your headed
in the right direction. If I may make a suggestion or two; First, I know
a compressor can get pretty hot but we didn't feel the need to silver
solder and we have yet to have a problem with any melt downs and
were going on 7 years now. But it never hurts to be on the safe side.
Second; Our past experience suggested to us to add at every down
spout (our plumbing maze is all above) an additional 16 inches below
the lowest connection and at the bottom of that add a ball valve and
now you have water traps. I hope some of this helps.