Re: generator wiring

To: Mordy Dunst <gasket.works@gte.net>
Subject: Re: generator wiring
From: Matt <mattmahony@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 12:33:32 -0800
Mordy Dunst wrote:

> I need to speak to someone knowledgable regarding wiring a 3 phase 240v
> Stamford 32kva.  It has three wires not four.  My question is --How to make
> single phase 240?  I have a rotatory phase converter that does just the
> opposite i.e. 240 1P to 240 3P  - I don't think that the process can be
> reversed.... .    Answer off line if have information....

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but 240
single phase is just any 2 legs of the 3 phase. You will
probably need neutral and ground for code and the
application.
You're looking at 130 to 150 amps there, you may want
some on site professional help. I know this is a DIY
forum so just make sure you don't DYI. (Do Yourself In)
:)
Cheers
Matt
--