Concrete Advice

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Concrete Advice
From: "Tom Bott" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:05:38 -0500
Good Day Folks,

I need some advice on concrete slabs.  My long range plans is to build a 16x24
garage/workshop in my back yard.  It may be a couple years or more before I
can afford to build it as I am planning it with some whistles and bows.  In
the mean time I am considering pouring a 10x16 4" basic slab (no footings etc)
which I can use to work on a car project.  My questions are this:  when I am
ready for my building, can I pour over the existing slab?  If so, would the
new building floor have to be another 4" higher than the slab or could I just
pour around it?  By pouring around it, would the joints create a big nuisance
when rolling equipment or creeper over it?

Thanks for your input,

Tom