Re: Paint, flat to gloss??

To: Steve Budde <super_racenut@juno.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint, flat to gloss??
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:53:36 -0800
At 09:42 AM 2/21/2002 -0600, Steve Budde wrote:

>New Topic!!
>
>When painting my windows (frames!) I bought 5 gallons of flat white latex
>fence and barn paint.  Worked great and I have about 2 gallons left.  Now
>I need to paint a new wall in my sons room.  Is there anything I can add
>to make this a semi-gloss or gloss paint.  I'm trying to be cheap and not
>buy more paint.  I assume that I can get 4 gallons of semi-gloss by
>adding 2 gallons of gloss to the flat. :^P

Sounds pretty good to me....though you might try clear coating it.  Heck
ya wouldn't even have to mask the windows for the second coat. 8->

...or maybe a coat of tung oil.  Or is that tongue oil?  I could probably
come up will some more ideas but I'm off to the dentist.  Think I'll
ask for some of that gas....

Steve Shipley