Re: cordless drill recommendations

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cordless drill recommendations
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:10:27 -0500
I have a Craftsman Pro 12V and it wouldn't drive the 1-1/4" screws flush
into the Hardibacker board I was using to set my bathroom tile onto.  I
borrowed a friend's DeWalt and had no problems.  And yes, I was using the
Lo Speed (Hi Torque) speed setting.

I generally like the Craftsman driver fine and this is the first time I've
had a problem with it.  The batteries seem to die a bit faster now (1.5
years old) but that's to be expected.  I just sprung $10 for a Harbor
Freight 12V (and doubled the price by getting a keyless chuck as well :-)
but don't expect it to be more than a sit on the workbench and get abused tool.

At 23:19 03/09/2002,  mbarre@juno.com was inspired to say:

>I was at the same place.  I bet my Makita is still good, but just pricing
>new
>batteries led me to pick up a Sears Craftsman cordless.  I wish I had got
>the
>combo with the light.  I have been happy with the Sears.  I think mine is
>a 14.4
>Volt.
>
>MRB
>

>On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 21:38:56 -0600 "john nolon" <jniolon@WANS.NET> writes:
>
> > I'm looking for a compromise between price and weight and features
> > (i.e. two > batteries included, fast charger, etc)

Cheers!